Monday, February 27, 2017

Buying and Building my FIRST Home!

I've thought about buying my own home for many years. I always knew it was something I wanted to accomplish, but didn't think it was possible. For as long as I can remember, I've been drawn to anything water and have often thought about how amazing it would be to own a home on the water. After moving to Baltimore, I would find myself going to open houses in the area that were waterfront or close to waterfront but would experience sticker shock at the prices and property taxes. One day, while doing my "weekly "Redfin search of the area, I came across new construction townhomes in Dundalk, MD that were waterfront on Bear Creek in Lynch Cove. It looked too good to be true! I immediately decided I needed to go out to explore the area for myself. On February 5th my dad came to Baltimore and we made our first trip to visit the community and meet with Brittney, one of the sales representatives. From the second I pulled into the community I was sold! The community features Mozart and Mozart with attic floor plans. The homes were neutral colors but had a nautical feel to them. There were a mixture of waterfront lots as well as interior lots. As soon as I walked into the model home I fell in love. I knew this was the place for me.

On February 12th I returned to the community to sign a contract on my soon-to-be home. I brought the expert panel (Mom, Dad, and Holly) for assistance and guidance. My original intention was to sign a contract for the Mozart floor plan (without attic) on waterfront lot #44. The day before signing the contract I spent the day/evening thinking about the attic and how it could improve my resale value and add storage space. Although it is only going to be me and my chihuahua and cat living there, I wanted to look ahead to the future. From walking around the community, it seemed like the buyers in the existing waterfront building had all opted for the attic. I decided I would too. Adding the attic not only added a 4th floor, but it also added a "roof top deck" in addition to the deck on the main level and a second HVAC unit.

Signing the contract was made incredibly easy because of my awesome sales rep, Brittney. She made the process fun, exciting, and easy to understand. I still can't believe I have a contract on my first home! I look forward to updating everyone as this process continues!

 
Putting the "Sold" sticker on the master plan!


Putting the "sold" sticker on my home site 


It's mine! 


View from my home site 

Looking at the community pier and onto the boat slips 
 
 
 New Ryan Homes boat slips to the left, existing boat slips to the right


No comments:

Post a Comment