Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Making my Guardian Selections

Last night I had my meeting with Guardian. This was an exciting meeting for me because I was looking forward to putting some technology in my home. I went into the meeting with an idea of the things I wanted to add and only changed my mind a few times while there. I'm very happy with my selections and thought they offered some pretty cool options as "included." Here is what I added:
 
  • For this community Guardian offered the base package of the alarm system and home automation for free (aside from paying the $50/month for the service). This means I will be able to control my door, garage door, alarm system, and thermostats from my phone. It will also come with a motion detector for the main level (a special pet friendly one that only picks up motion in people/objects greater than 40lbs). The only thing I added was a window sensor for the basement window.
  • Smart connections package: this package will take care of my cable and Ethernet connections. This was important to me since I like to use my Apply TV and Roku and sometimes notice a lag with streaming over Wifi. I added cable and Ethernet hookups in the rec room (basement), main level, master suite, 1 spare bedroom, and the attic loft.
  • I added 1 wall mount set up for the TV on the main level. I would like to install a full motion TV mount in this area so I can turn the TV to face the kitchen or living room. This will feature will allow the HDMI cable and outlet to be behind the TV so you don't notice any wires hanging behind the TV.
  • Home entertainment system to allow music to be played wirelessly throughout the rec room and living room/kitchen. Two speakers will be installed in the rec room ceiling and 2 speakers will be installed in the main level (living room and kitchen). I will have wall control units for each area to be able to adjust the volume and power it on/off in individual rooms. This will run primarily from my phone via Bluetooth.
  • 4 ceiling fan rough-ins. 1 in the attic, spare bedroom #1, master suite, and living room. I will start shopping for ceiling fans of my choice closer to move in time.
  • 4 recessed lights in the living room.
 Overall I'm really excited about the options I included. I can't wait to see how everything will look!

While I was there, I got a better picture of the new community sign
 

No comments:

Post a Comment